1. Title of Tournament- XV GAIL CHOTA NAGPUR TRIBAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT 2012-13 (Organised by Hockey Association of Chota Nagpur Tribals, Delhi (Regd.))
- The final match of the III GAIL Chota Nagpur Tribal Hockey Tournament 2012-13 was played on 11th December, 2012 at MDC National Hockey Stadium, Synthetic Turf Ground, New Delhi. The final match was played between NOIDA Hockey Club and Aya Nagar Hockey team. The Chief Guest of the final match, Shri Sylbanus Baa, Dy. GM of Gail India Limited was present to encourage the teams and organizing association. The other dignitaries present include, Dr. Rameshwar Oraon, Chairman, S T Commission, PadmShri Dilip Kumar Tirkey, Hon’ble M P, Shri Shanti Priye Beck, Dir (Vig.), Railway Board. Other dignitaries present include senior Government officials and senior officials from public sector like Air India, Public Sector Banks, Senior Officers of Central Government, and many other sports personalities including their family members. A sizeable hockey fans were also present to witness the final match.
- It is informed that as many as 32 hockey teams of men and three women teams have participated in the tournament. The teams were divided in eight groups of four teams each. The initial round of matches was played on league basis.
- The final match was inaugurated by Chief Guests & other guests with the introduction of both the teams at 3.00 pm. The match started at very fast note with the attacks and counter attacks by the teams. As the match progressed, it became interesting and game was enjoyed by the spectators. Chirag Delhi Hockey Club finally clinched the III GAIL Chota Nagpur trophy by defeating C N Blues by 3 goals to 2. After the match, the prize distribution ceremony took place and cash award of Rs.50,000/- sponsored by GAIL was handed over to winner, runners up team got Rs.25,000/- and Ekta Club 3rd placed team got Rs.10,000/- . The Championship Trophies were handed over to Winners and Runners-up teams.
2. Title of Tournament- Second ONGC- CHOTA NAGPUR TRIBAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT 2012-13: Organised by Hockey Association of Chota Nagpur Tribals, Delhi (Regd.)
- With the generous financial support received from well known Maharatna Company ONGC in the second year too, thanks to ONGC, the Second ONGC-CHOTA NAGPUR Tribal Hockey Tournament 2012-13 was held from 23.3.2013 to 28.4.2013. As many as 24 men teams and 2 women teams participated in the tournament. The teams (Men) were divided in eight groups of three teams each. All 40 matches were played on league-cum-knockout basis at the venue of Synthetic Turf laid Shivaji Hockey Stadium, New Delhi. The final match of the Tournament was played between Ekta Club and Hockey Spirit on 28th April 2013, New Delhi started at 4.00 pm.
- The Guest of Honour and the Chief Guest of the final match were Shri Rajdeep Singh, Sports in-charge representing ONGC and Shri Rajeev Topno, IAS, Director in the PMO and other distinguished guests of hockey community as well as players representing various institutional teams were present to encourage the teams and tournament organizing committee. The other dignitaries present include, Shri Shanti Priye Beck, Dir (Vigilance), Railway Board, Senior Officers from Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, GAIL, Air India, Dena Bank and others. A large gathering had turned out to witness the final match.
- After a short cultural program presented by local dance group, the Final Match was inaugurated by Chief Guest & Guest of Honour and other guests with the introduction of both the teams at 4.00 pm. The match started at very fast note with the attacks and counter attacks by both the teams. As the match progressed, it became interesting and the game touched its peak which was appreciated by the spectators and Guests by chanting and clapping. Ekta Club started goal scoring act through Mukti Bilung in 7th minute which was gently replied by Hockey Spirit through George Dungdung after three minutes. Mukti scored once again for Ekta Club in 28th minute and this time Ranjit Kullu responded two minutes later. Similarly the lead taken through the goal of Junul Jojo of Ekta at 50th minute was neutralized by Adip Kujur in 61st minute. Finally in 69th minute’s goal on penalty corner conversion by Leonard Dungdung, Hockey Spirit defeated last year’s winner, Ekta Club by 4 goals to 3 and clinched the Second ONGC Chota Nagpur Tribals Hockey Tournament 2012-13. Final Match was supervised by National Umpires, Mr. Mahesh Kumar and Mr. Arun Garg of Hockey Delhi. The standard of the umpiring throughout the tournament was exceptionally good and appreciated by all. The third place match was played at the same venue before the final match where Huda City Club defeated Chirag Delhi Club by 6 goals to 1. A match between women teams from Vasant Vihar and Munirka was played on this day and Vasant Vihar defeated Munirka by 1-0.
- After the match, the prize distribution ceremony took place and cash awards sponsored by ONGC were announced to winner, i.e., Hockey Spirit Club – Rs.50,000/-, runners up team, i.e., Ekta Club – Rs.25,000/- and 3rd placed team, i.e., Huda City Club – Rs.10,000/-. In the Girls Section, cash prize Rs.15,000/- was given to Winner, i.e., Vasant Vihar Club, Rs.10,000/- to Runner-up, i.e., R. K. Puram. Trophies for Winner and Runners-up and display cheques were handed over to the teams by the Guest of Honour Shri Rajdeep Singhji, ONGC and Shri Rajeev Topno, IAS. The prize (memento and cash prize of Rs.1500/-) of Best Player (men) award went to Shri Kuldeep Ekka of Hockey Spirit Club for his superb artistic display of modern hockey in the Final Match.